We have the winners for our first annual Short Story Contest!
- 1st place: Carolyn Flaubel, for ‘Let Freedom Ring’
- 2nd place: Janet Spoon, for ‘Bedpans and Walther P38s’
- 3rd place: Charlie Price, for ‘Commuter’
For 1st place, Carolyn wins a one-year paid Writers Forum membership, a one-year gift subscription to her choice of either Writer’s Digest or Poets & Writers magazines, and Writers Forum Membership Director Aaron Steinmetz’s assistance in e-publishing a book.
For 2nd place, Janet wins a one-year paid Writers Forum membership and a one-year gift subscription to her choice of either Writer’s Digest or Poets & Writers magazines.
For 3rd place, Charlie wins a one-year paid WF membership.
The winning stories will be reposted here over the next three weeks, with author name and photo, if they desire one.
We want to thank all of the writers who contributed stories. The other contributors are:
- George L. Winship, ‘Stagecraft’
- Dale Angel, ‘Depression Refugees’
- Michael Polzin, ‘Election Day’
- Dave Smith, ‘Incident at Miss Pearl’s’
- Steve Westall, ‘A Tale From the Last 100 Years on Earth’
- Lezlie Winberry, ‘Miss Radda’
- Ted L. Kromer, ‘Thin Air’
All of stories are also considered to be submissions to the Writers Forum annual anthology, River’s Edge. Volume Two will be available for purchase in time for Christmas. We will announce its release here.
I hope that you enjoyed all of these stories as much as I have.
Would you, Dear Readers, like to see another short story contest next year? Let us know in the comments.
George T. Parker, webmaster