“What I did this summer.”
Normally a back-to-school topic, I enjoyed the comic strip Frazz during the summer that asked, “What I will do this summer.” The students had so many plans; but in typical Frazz style, some of those plans, while outwardly noble, were a disguise for something lesser and sort of self serving.
If I had that question, I would have replied honestly, “Nothing exciting.” But in reality, I had a great summer, coming up with fodder for meeting openings.
- I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.
- A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
- This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I’d never met herbivore.
- What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus.
- What does a clock do when it’s hungry? It goes back four seconds.
- I’m reading a book about anti-gravity. I can’t put it down.
- Broken pencils are pointless.
- I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
So did I do any writing? Nope. But I kept my mind running at full tilt. Hopefully your summer was fruitful (not with real fruit, but accomplishments).